This blog will chronicle my adventures as a Foster Mom for the Central Florida Pug Rescue. As a pug foster parent, my job involves caring for surrendered pugs until they are adopted by their forever family. If you are interested in adopting a pug, click the link to the right and visit the CFPR website.
Pugs and Kisses,
Leslie

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Zoey Girl

Zoey was the first to wake up this morning. When I went to her crate, she was waiting there as sweet as can be, and that sums ups this little girl in a nutshell.

Zoey is a sweetheart! Weighing in at 18 pounds, Zoey looks like a little black meatball and could probably stand to lose a little weight. However, when she looks at you and gives you that trademark smile, everything else pales. She's dreamy..........
Last night, she came over to the couch and put her paws on my leg as if to say "Up! Up!" I scooped her up and she tucked herself right into my side and snuggled with me, as quiet and as happy as a little pug could get. She's just so darn happy, and I love it!

She loves going outside and, at 6 this morning (ok, so I barely had my eyes open), we went out in the backyard to let her "do her thing." Even though Zoe had a tiny accident in the house later on, I honestly think it was because I haven't quite learned her "signals" yet. When I stopped her and took her outside, she continued with what she started and ran right back to the door. She really IS a good girl!

Did I tell you that Zoey LOVES to be held? The moment you hold her in your arms, she quiets down and snuggles in. It's just so cute! Matt took a "pug pause" this morning while having his coffee, and Zoey seemed to love the way he scratched her back.Nora is introducing Zoey to some of the sites around our neighborhood. This was the first time I heard Zoey bark, and the sound she makes is adorable! She was fascinated by this......
Right now, all is quiet. Zoey is sound asleep on the cool kitchen floor, and the other girls are lounging nearby. I'm not sure how much I'm going to get done today. I have a pretty long "to do" list but I have a feeling much of it will have to wait until tomorrow. After all, I've got babies to take care of!

Pugs and Kisses,
Leslie and the Crew


1 comment:

Melissa said...

What an awesome thing you are doing! I look forward to many many updates!

Many Blessings,
Melissa
Vancouver, WA